- 8 Jan 2009: Huiqi He's battery-powered miniaturized electroporation system paper was elected as the one of the 10 Best Paper Finalists in IEEE NEMS 2009, Shenzhen, Jan 5-8, 2009
- 18 Jun 2008: Prof Y.K. Lee was nominated to become a member of APCOT steering committee (Asia Pacific Conference on Transducers and Micro/Nano Technologies)
- 12 May 2008: King Yan Fong's work (droplet based micro PCR work) got Excellent Paper Award in the 4th Jiangsu-Hong Kong Forum on Mechanics and Its Application on 17 May 2008.
- 5 May 2008: Prof Yi-Kuen Lee was invited to serve the Technical Program Committee of the IEEE NEMS 2009
- 5 Nov 2007: Prof Yi-Kuen Lee was invited to serve the Technical Program Committee of APCOT 2008
- 15 Jun 2007: Huiqi HE passed the PhD Thesis Exam.
- 23 Oct 2006: Prof. Yi-Kuen Lee was invited to join the Program Committee of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology in 2007 (IEEE-Nano 2007).
- 10 Jun 2006: The micro electroporation paper was accepted as the oral presentation in MicroTAS 2006, Tokyo.
- 19 Apr 2006: Prof. Yi-Kuen Lee was invited to be the member of Technical Program Committee (TPC) of the IEEE MEMS 2007 (the world's prestigious MEMS Conference), Kobe, Japan, 21-25 Jan 2007.
- Jan 2006: Prof Yi-Kuen Lee served as the General Co-Chair of the first IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems (IEEE NEMS 2006), Zhuhai, China, 18-21 Jan 2006.
- Nov 2005: HKUST's research paper on micro convective boiling was listed and discussed in the MEMS Salon of MIT, USA on 18 Oct 2005.
- Micro mixing by electroosmotic flow in microchannels with surface charge pattering at HKUST has been reported by MIT Technology Review magazine, 17 Mar 2004 online, (or in PDF format). More detailed can be found in our journal paper (Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 14, No. pp.247-255, 2004.)
- Our new micro bubble actuator paper published in May (J. of Micromech. & Microeng, Vol. 14, No. 5, 693-701, 2004) was downloaded by 250 times so far (1 June 2004, Source: Institute of Physics, UK ).
- Prof Patrick Tabeling, MMN Lab, ESPCI, Paris will visit HKUST in the middle of June, 2004 with the 2002/2004 PROCORE HK/France Joint Research Travel Scheme.
- the CEO of one USA Nanotech company, Zyvex Corp (Mr. James R. Von Ehr) and Dr. Lerwen Liu in Nanotech Research Institue, Japan, visited our MEMS lab on 8 Dec 2004.
- Winky L.W. Hau and MA Wei passed their PhD final
defense examinations on 13 Jan 2005 and 14 Jan 2005, respectively.
- In 2004, The HKUST ranked World Top 20 in Engineering/IT by the Times Higher Education Supplement in United Kingdom. For detail, click here.